Saturday, February 19, 2011

Inspiration

Kayvon made an excellent point recently. Don't force it! Great advice for many situations.

On March 1st at 7 pm I'll be driving over to the Old California Coffee House and Eatery on Las Posas in San Marcos to meetup with a few new folks under the heading "Desperately Seeking Intelligent Conversation." (DSIC)  Found them on Meetup.com and looking forward to possible new connections, but certainly a transfusion of dialogue.

Making my bucket list on 1/1/11 fell short of inspiration. The new thing I want to do this year is skydive for my 60th b'day, and before I expire I want to see New Zealand. Having no other fantasies, plans, want to's, must do's, etc. in the next 30+ years is depressing. Shouldn't there be more to look forward to?

Looking back at KidXpress, Children of Fallen Soldiers, Circle of Art, Desert Home Care, and College of Borrego Foundation involvement, all since 2004, it seems that it isn't for lack of trying. So what is my thing? When will it appear, what form does it take, who will be involved, where will it happen???

sparksyou.com is Kayvon's venture and it really hits home these days. Looking for hats to try on for fit, comfort and/or possible headaches begins anew at DSIC on March 1st. In the meantime and beyond, I will return to these pages whenever the mood strikes, but not if I have to force it!

Rereading Siddhartha certainly helped about 2 weeks ago when I got caught in the "need a new car" vise and impulsively bought the wrong one. I lost my center and that night in the darkness, Siddhartha was the tonic needed to make it 'til dawn. I should probably carry a copy in my new 2001 Van alongside Jar Jar Binks and Sully from Avatar. My traveling companions on the road of life.

Eric's got his American Football in Italy, Casey's has his unveiled project, Kayvon's sparksu is on the horizon and these young guys inspire me to keep moving forward and let it flow even when the river bed ahead looks dry. When you're in your 20's you are supposed to be seeking a path to satisfying work and life involvements. It is a bit abnormal to still be seeking that at 60 but it is what it is and the travel here has been episodic, but you can't go back, no do-overs, and all we have is forward.

Today is a good day to start.

1 comment:

  1. Why not today?

    I watched 4 movies yesterday, my favorite line from all of them came from Revolutionary Road. Kate Winslet is unsatisfied with their mundane existence and tries to describe to Leo the state of affairs. She says,

    "Noone forgets the truth, they just get better at lying."

    ReplyDelete