Saturday, April 16, 2011

May the Force be with You

Jet Blue carried us back and forth to the south coast of Florida this weekend, and with the wind at our backs, we made the east leg in 4 hours and fifteen minutes. During the extended weekend, there were light sea breezes which made the 88 degree temps very pleasant as we sat, strolled, drank, talked, and observed life past, present and future.

The main reason for the trip was to celebrate Dad's 90th and with raised glasses, in a fine setting on the inter coastal, words of wisdom about the passages of time warmly blew across the candles on his cupcake. Easy references to a lot of hot air will be avoided. Anytime humans gather to honor life, family, friends, and food, the attempt to put into words the depth of feelings turns into a declaration of life passages

There simply is no way to tell it all in one sitting. How to sum up 90 years of pain, change, revelations and eventually forgiveness. Suffice to say, the expression was genuine and flowing. I was particularly focused on my Father's wife's son, Bir Krishna das Goswami, as he expressed his appreciation for my Dad's role in his journey. I have not been privy to their relationship, but obviously they have found common ground over these oh so many years.

I have been reading http://bkgoswami.com/ and realizing that a brilliant, enlightened being has been so close but yet so far in my life. The time has arrived to enjoy the wisdom, insight, and peacefulness. Take a look with an open mind.


"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My mind gets clogged with words of others.
I choose free spirit to explore and learn.
Without restrictions I face new challenges.
Knowing balance is the key to safe adventures.
Weaving, dodging, I just keep moving;
My ears don't hear the chant "You can't."
The best views have boundless horizons,
I maintain hope and stay open to possibilities.
Steering clear of the complex web,
I strive to determine my own fate.
No fear that stormy seas will sink me,
Believe the sun rises uniquely each morning.
Hope encourages my instincts and confidence;
I focus on opportunities to increase wisdom.
With a positive attitude, my mind sees clearly,
That dark skies bring the rain we need to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment