Sunday, November 3, 2013

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse

During the third week of October, I drove 1/4 of a mile west from work during lunch to see if there were any houses for rent in Costa Serena, the 55 and over subdivision I drove by everyday on my way to work on Vista Way.  Surprisingly, there were 3 houses for rent, and in a blink of an eye, we now live in the best of the 3.

Yup!  On a whim in mid October, we manifested our new little home on North Way, hired a moving company to help us get our stuff over here, and now we have a garage, 1 and 1/2 baths, 2 bedrooms and a bonus room; and a nice backyard. Lola is so happy!

That first day, we called about this house, but then the next day, my tenants in Borrego gave us notice that they were moving. After tossing and turning overnight, I told Elley we should skip the viewing.

Then I rented my Borrego condo for one year and the next day, I went back to Costa Serena during my lunch break and found Anna's house in the cul-de-sac. We attempted to negotiate with her about the rent, and at first it went well. But we realized at the day of signing the lease that there were too many people advising her about the lease and terms, and we needed to back away.

So we called Dorene who still had not rented her house on the corner and made her an offer she couldn't refuse. (Who wouldn't want to rent to 2 of the superstar HD seniors!)  Then the ball started rolling down hill really fast, and the next thing we knew we were in our new home.

As soon as we finish unpacking, get the backyard set up and hang the art work, we will have a home warming.  I can't wait to see all my SoCal friends in one place!


No comments:

Post a Comment