Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Book

There is a Book in the works and I want to tell you a few things about the Book

First, I want to focus attention on the Book's illustrator  =   Zoey Stevens.

Zoey is the best artist I know. What are my qualifications for best?  Easy. I like his body of work. I like the way he thinks. I like the way he expresses himself on canvas. I like the way he sees the world. I like the variety of his images.

I have been to Zoey.com many times to stare at his portfolio and let my mind expand around his art. I have been to galleries and seen his art in person. I have been fortunate enough to have been in his home studio. I am 1 of 7 billion and he is 1 of 7 billion and you are 1 of 7 billion and from 1 to 1, I am recommending you take a moment to look at the art at Zoey.com  Let me know what you think.

Back to the Book; a few more things for you to know. The Book title is "ONE of 7 Billion"  Not a big shocker there, but know that this is a Book about the character ONE.  That is the character' name in the Book; ONE.

Of course ONE is 1 of 7 billion, and just like you, ONE is unique. ONE is a composite of the characters and experiences of my life. And the art in the Book is an expression of Zoey's view of life and his interpretation of ONE's story.

I have posted excerpts of drafts of chapter's of the Book on this site without letting on that part of the post was actually a chapter in progress (for example: "It's Very Useful" and "The Trail of a Good Human" from the January archives, in the Menu Bar to the right of the posts on this site).

Today, I am posting an excerpt and telling you it is Chapter 1 in the Book, "ONE of 7 Billion"

Comments and feedback would be much appreciated. My parting shot before posting the Chapter below is please take some time out of your day to look around the art at Zoey.com


Chapter 1  

ONE Laughed

"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're home." 

Curiosity about touch, the softness of my toy,
The color and movement of the spinning mobile.
Smiles of others staring at me with twinkling eyes.
All were happy and easily entertained by my actions
My giggles, my touch, the cuteness in their voices,
To hold me, and be with me, brought joy to everyone.
As time went by I found more laughter and playfulness,
With others my size who wanted to run, tag, spin, tumble.
We went all day creating games, hopping and skipping.
It was so easy to have time to be and to bond.
Togetherness with friends was given and received;
To be young, to be alive, to be carefree, to breath life.

No comments:

Post a Comment