Thursday, March 10, 2011

White House

My sister called me last weekend and asked me to re-tell the story of the 70's. Wives, houses, jobs, family, Alan, MS, adventures ...... you know, that part of my life.

There was the 1770's era farmhouse in New Hope and the wedding in front of the fireplace. The pot hidden in the tennis ball can, the Princeton University connection, the families divided over 4000 sq ft by "maternal" and "fraternal". (aka Ken and Mario)

You remember the Foolish Fox break-up, the tennis pro, the pool party, the "You've Got a Friend" business cards, and who can forget the night under the stars in Stowe, Vermont.

Fond memories of St. Patrick's Day in NYC at Sammy's flat, Mr. Bing and Mr. McClure, Julia, Motts, Bags, Sandy, and please don't leave out Mrs. Carpenter.

You weren't there? You don't know what I'm talking about? Trust me; not much can top the bag of cash at the Annex, the Super Bowls with Cocanne Marchison, having Lauren in Belle Meade and all the support from friends, The Great Road, new words to Stevie Wonder's Sir Duke and my rabbit "Sneakers" in the attic apartment on Bank St. just around the corner from the offices of the Gallup Poll.

Road trips in the Jaguar with Marguarite, Berkeley visits funded by the family to find out what the hell Stacey is doing, rafting, Richard, did I mention Beeville, TX

Let's see; Tex and Ho were part of the 70's and so was Propane Tech, Ltd., Carlton Street, Glen, Brennan's, Truitt and White, Harbor Freight, Farallones Institute, topless gardening, and Frenchtown.

I can't remember it all cause I found sensimilla before it was cool, Fleetwood Mac, Band on the Run, and David Chapman (oops, he was 1980)


If you got some memories, and have been shy about commenting, tell us about your '70's?  For those of you that were not even a glimmer of hope and realty in the 70's, you missed a great decade.



No comments:

Post a Comment