Sunday, August 11, 2013

NFL

Today is 4 weeks since my operation. I am walking everyday, having fun designing a backyard water feature, and working on dialogue for some Flapper©™video shorts. I can feel my ribs and cartilage knitting together along my sternum. NFL = Nap-Friends-Laughter

My days now have a rhythm, including my nap at around 2 pm. I am watching some pre-season football, anticipating another solid year for the 49'ers, Seahawks, Falcons and Saints. These are my favorite teams for a variety of reasons and it is interesting to note that the former and latter pair up as huge rivals.

I have found a couple of new blogs from the recent Time Top 25 list. Tynan and News From ME are well written, stimulating and thought provoking. My idea of interesting "newsie" items includes the success at Tesla Motors and the progress on SpaceX. Elon Musk is also announcing a new transport system that will take passengers from LA to SF in 60 minutes. Shwush!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new movie Elysium. You know me to be a big believer in the truth about the 1%. As society continues to collapse, they will continue to abandon the 99% and seek out higher ground. But the 99% won't take it lying down. Viva La Revolution! (Fantasy! I know the people take to the streets in the movies and in Egypt, but not in America.)

I have plans to take a vacation in the Bay Area in late August for a change of scenery and to assure all family up north that I am whole. Then it's off to Borrego Springs over Labor Day weekend for camping in the stark beauty of the desert.

I return to work on September 9th.  I may get to see two old friends the week before. Alan and Don could be in SD for a hug, a meal and to launch the next 30 years. Beep Beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment