Sunday, August 4, 2013

Waffles

Waffles is spending the weekend at our pad. Lola likes having Waffles around. He's very cute, curious and entertaining. Dog sitting can  be challenging because our 4 legged visitor isn't used to the sounds around our apartment complex.

But one night of restless sleep with Waffles unable to settle on the right place to lay his head, is offset by the pure joy and smiles he brings us. And, of course, Lola decided the best place to hang out was on Waffles' bed.

Having Waffles around with his positive stimulation is uplifting. We took Waffles with us to spend Saturday evening on a friend's back deck drinking vodka and cranberry juice and feasting on my best BBQ chicken marinated in Anchor Steam, with grilled vegies and sweet potato. We shared interesting, intelligent, progressive conversation and I proclaimed it to be the best I have felt in mind, body and spirit since my operation 3 weeks ago.


Tomorrow we have appointments with my Cardiologist and Surgeon. This is cookie cutter stuff, scheduled 3 weeks out from surgery for a check up. I am healing, walking, eating well, and although I admit to having the challenge of cabin fever and anticipating that the month of August is going to go slowly, it's all good. If you'd like to help make August more fun, give me a call, text or email and let's make a plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment