Saturday, May 7, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

It's been lonely out here. Oh for sure, the sunrises and sunsets are awesome and I am moved by the power of the ocean. I constantly imagine the landscape without any development; it is mountainous and rugged. The canyons run deep and the Batiquitos Lagoon is a soothing tidal wetland preserve. But the humans I meet are from a different tribe.

Moving to a new location on Earth has been surprisingly strange. I new I'd love the Mediterranean clime, as I have had the pleasure of climbing the banks of the Isle of Santorini. But the 3 or 4 tribes of clans-people I have encountered here focus on different aspects of life than my peeps. They seem satisfied to ride the local waves, eat fast-ly prepared foods, and cruise the endless miles of freeways in their favorite possession, their ride.

Recently, I headed to a coffee shop to meet up with some folks I found while flipping through the internets and I was warmly surprised that immediately it was clear that some of my tribes-people actually live around here too. They sure were hard to find! They tell me that there are others of us around and that if we continue to commune, and drop bread crumbs as we go, before long we'll have lots of reunions, raising a glass to the good old days, and feeling more settled, connected, and at peace.

I'm glad I stayed around long enough to find my new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment