Sunday, June 2, 2013

Our Gang

Writing is addictive. When Elley came home yesterday and told me that Dianna has been following my posts, it reminded me that there are probably a number of people I know who are stopping by as part of their daily Internet routine to have a look at these words and images.

Our gang has grown on many fronts. Jonathan, who I originally met at a MeetUp function, stopped by our apartment yesterday on his way south after having attended an event in the LA area that is at the foundation of his new partnership in the further development of his "Healthier is Wealthier" mission. He hadn't read my poem Lost and Found, but has generally been keeping up on the "rash" and the cumulative events of the past couple of weeks.

Last night, a number of our friends from work joined us at the Old Spaghetti Factory to celebrate my now delayed vacation from the daily routine we share at The Home Depot in South Oceanside. The gathering took on another focus that I will not detail here, other than to say we will miss our departing Boss. Richard attended, and it reminded me he had kidded with Elley during the day when he was showing her how much she resembled her Dad Tommy, while showing her Tommy's image from yesterday's post on his smart phone.

All of these folks are part of our gang. I wish I had a copy of one of the photos taken last night to upload here, but suffice it to say it was a fine gathering of the usual suspects seen around the Pro Desk and Specialty Dep'ts (and of course Patrick, Jill and the organizer/momma/goddess Athena).


If they lived closer, I know would be seeing lots of Jud and Tabs these days, and I always appreciate their comments, feedback and support. I feel you brothers.

And to the rest of you, mostly anonymous members of our gang, thanks for being there/here. I feel your collective spirit.






In Memoriam: We lost a fellow traveler and member of our gang, Billy Martin on May 22nd. I had not seen Billy since the 1970's, but Tabs get me posted over the years about his good work and his family. I have incredibly strong and fond memories of his mom Ella, and the years Billy and our team spent together at Princeton Day School. All of us who you touched Billy are saddened by your early departure, but Billy's place in our hearts and spirit is permanently etched.



No comments:

Post a Comment