Sunday, July 14, 2013

I been so many places in my life and times ....

I been so many places in my life and times, sung a lot of songs, made some bad rhymes. I've acted out my life in stages, with 10,000 people watching ......

But I am definitely NOT alone now ...... all these friends, and many more, partied with me Friday with open hearts. Elley and I hung out with Shannae's crew last night in Vista ....... Mack checked in about my recovery ...... Alan's got me covered ......... Marvin has his mojo back and is ready to be my backup surgeon ........ we're giggling with Ann W's friends about Ho Lee Fuck ...... I just found Katie Flood on Facebook ........ life is good.

The day the before the big day has finally arrived. We've been talking about my surgery for many months and with the hiccup last month, and the 6 week delay, it seems way too long. In a blink of an eye tomorrow (since I will be under, it will only be me who will think it's a blink) I will be opened up, turned off, fixed, turned on, and then closed up.

For Elley, it will be a long day, and an even longer week. We have to drive to La Jolla at 5:00 am, and after about an hour and half in prep, she will watch me be rolled toward surgery. I feel for her having to drive back and forth to Oceanside. I hope for light summer traffic at all times. Lola will need her walks, food, cuddles and company, too.

Elley is so positive, strong, enlightened, comforting and ready, willing and able to keep everyone informed at the moment they roll me out to ICU at about 1:30 pm Pacific time. It is so important to have someone so close to you with the same philosophy and mental framework about serious matters. We are in harmony; no drama, just a "let's get it on and let's get through it" attitude.

Recovery will be tedious because of the rib cracking, but with lots of smiles, good music, our favorite British TV shows like Doc Martin, and many friends planning to drop by and visit, it will be OK.

Thank each and everyone of you for sending me your best vibes, in whatever form works for you. I receive all of the great energy and will use it to my benefit tomorrow. It is definitely a TEAM effort of strong will, determination, positivity, belief and faith to accept the challenge at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment