Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Living Jazz

Living Jazz was just awarded a $10,000 award from the National Endowment for the Arts for our MLK Musical Tribute on Jan. 19th at the Paramount!! This is significant here because the Executive Director of Living Jazz is my sister Stacey Hoffman.

Landing a grant of this magnitude is one of many incredible accomplishments and achievements Stacey has orchestrated during her 30 years running this organization. Her programs have inspired thousands of people to include music and dance in their lives.

My character Uncle XOQ's focus of helping kids of all ages find their "voice" is a direct result of being exposed to Stacey's world. Take a moment to look at her organization's website LivingJazz.org and you will begin to see the fruits of my sister's life's work.

Congratulations Stacey!  See you at the MLK Tribute on January 19, 2013 in Oakland.


I am going to end my posts with the following request: "I promise to make my Posts shorter, if you promise to scroll down to read older Posts you may have missed." 
                                                               Thanks for stopping by, Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment