Saturday, December 1, 2012

May the Force be with You


I am going to start all my posts with the following request: "I promise to make my Posts shorter, if you promise to scroll down to read older Posts you may have missed." 
Thanks for stopping by,  Robby

Elley and I had a most stimulating, although admittedly at times stressful, conversation last night at TGI Friday's. It carried over to our drive home and then into the later evening at our pad. Our topic of discussion is well described by this Post's title, "May the Force be with You" and can be attributed to the movie we saw last week "Life of Pi". 

Revealing my thoughts about God is easy for me, as I have been comfortable in this skin since my early 20's. I don't believe in any fable about God and have always described my spirituality as being akin to that of native peoples of North America. As Elley and I explored this beautiful movie's theme and message, I get hung up on any person's use of creating an imaginary story to help cope with life's miseries. 

Clearly Pi was traumatized by the events surrounding the sinking of the ship and the truth about what occurred on the lifeboat. The brutal loss of his Mother, after that ship had already sank taking the rest the rest of his family with it, eventually found him weaving a replacement tale about wild animals who ended up on the lifeboat with him. The relationship he conjured up with the fierce tiger became the hinge upon which survived.

My wish is that people would simply cope by being strong, being realists and moving forward with lesons learned from trauma. Placing your journey in the hands of imaginary beings and stories is an un-evolved way to go through this life.



No comments:

Post a Comment