Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Stuff that Dreams are Made of

My book is now available to BUY for the Holidays; a great gift for all the kids in your life, all parents, teachers, grandparents ..... OK everyone should BUY my book. By the way these BUY words are active links that will jump you right to the bookstore to place your order.

So much for the unabashed marketing. Seriously, this is a new chapter in my life. I have managed to distill some of my basic philosophies into a 12 page book starring my alter ego Uncle XOQ (pronounced ZOK - like Spock).

About 5-6 years ago I was working at EXPO in Laguna Niguel and met another Dept. Supervisor during my first week. That would be Zoey Stevens. He is the illustrator of my first book and I forever indebted to him for making my characters come to life.

But more importantly, Zoey is my inspiration. Not only because I love his paintings and the messages he conveys through his art, but because he is the one that opened the door to the bird cage I was stuck in by simply saying: "you are creative, you are a writer ..... so just write." Uncle XOQ couldn't have said it any better.

Have a great and safe Holiday season and may the XOQ be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment