Sunday, December 2, 2012

Round up the Usual Suspects

I am going to start all my posts with the following request: "I promise to make my Posts shorter, if you promise to scroll down to read older Posts you may have missed." 
                                                               Thanks for stopping by, Robby

Jerry Harmon  is a former Mayor and council member in Escondido and a life long environmentalist. I met him at The Home Depot in South Oceanside a few years back when he began to remodel a home nearby. He is active in the Sierra Club, and serves on the boards of the League of Conservation Voters-San Diego, and  is a member of the Water Quality and the Reveal the Creek Committees.

Last night was his annual Holiday Party on Fire Mountain and he was, as always, a gracious host. There was lots of food, wine, and I had the opportunity to get to know some of his amazing friends. These are people who care about the environment, their community, and preserving the quality of life in North San Diego County.  My friends Dave and Pam Scarbrough were also there and I got caught up with Dave's first week at Precision Printers. And you should have seen how amazing Elley looked in her high leather boots!  Wow-zer!

I have, I want to, acknowledge that my desire to find a community I feel connected to, and people I enjoy at many levels, has happened in 2012 in Oceanside, CA. I thought it was impossible. I was wrong, and I am happy I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment