Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Very Useful!

"it's very useful" is a great observation on so many things that come through our lives. Each episode, relationsip, event, drama, thrill, etc. can be viewed with the perspective "it's very useful."  Learning, growing, insight, opportunity, et. al. then rule every day.

The fatigue and malaise of the past ten days has created this kind of head space to regain traction and be stimulated to write. How to allow the flow to come back naturally? How to be OK with a lack of production? What can be gained from a slower pace and the creative juices lying dormant for a few days?

Of course; patience, patience, patience is the mantra. That is always the toughest challenge when humans want things to be different. It always reminds of the confrontation in 1982 at the little French Bistro near the ferry in Clinton, WA on Whidbey Island. Did they really say what was happening in their domain was not organic?  Were we really force feeding the community something they did not want? NO!

Of course we weren't but it was one of the early lessons in ego, control, and the difference between a real spiritual life and talking a good philosophical game, but not living it. BTW if you ever want more details about the events and occurrences of things referenced on this site, do not hesitate to comment below and ask for more insight into what happened.

“We may explore the universe and find ourselves, or we may explore ourselves and find the universe. It matters not which of these paths we choose.”  Diana Robinson

I hear about what others are doing,
But if I am not there is it really happening?
I learn about history, discoveries, accomplishments,
But I can't tell if it affects my reality,
Should i care?

What am I doing here?
I can see others breathing, talking,
Walking, eating, working, playing.
When it gets dark most are sleeping.
But not on the other side of the planet,
Doing things the same

When am I supposed to do nothing?
How do I find this out? How do I know?
What is positive or negative?
Do I follow the crowd; do what they do?
Figuring it out is heavy.

Be flexible, aware, present, shift;
Direction is ever changing, intention maintains.
Mistakes will occur, so apply patience and understanding.
Stumbling is still a forward movement.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever heard about that confrontation at the french bistro...must have been when you first arrived on the island? Quickly making a splash with the locals, not too farfetched I guess...haha.

    ReplyDelete