Thursday, May 23, 2013

Insanity

We went for drinks last Saturday night at a local sports bar. I have never seen so many TV's playing different events. We witnessed an incredible round house kick in a UFC knockout and an amazingly athletic slow motion block of a dunk in a playoff NBA game.

What really caught my attention was the promo video for the "Insanity" workout. No equipment, no weights, just fast paced, intense body movements. When my surgical zipper and ribs heal, I may have to go for P-90X or Insanity.


My GP suggested that it is my intense personality that had me over compensating all these years for a declining amount of oxygen in my blood. I have been swimming most weekday mornings for over 3 years. The Docs agree that my diet, exercise and mental discipline have hidden my sliding blood oxygen levels.



It was a minor symptom that had me going for a check-up this Spring. I was getting short of breath while walking Lola. Tina pointed out to me the other day that The Dawgy Lama had saved me. I might have passed out while swimming laps and drowned. I had been pushing through my mounting fatigue trying to get in better shape and never put 2 and 2 together that I was actually struggling more and more.

That is where my stubborn self-discipline was getting in the way of the truth. On our walks up Fire Mountain with Lola, I would have to stop to catch my breath. Thank you Dawgy Lama for sending me the wake-up call I needed.






No comments:

Post a Comment