Sunday, May 26, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

It's going to be a long 8 weeks starting June 5th, but one of the things that will make it do-able is the beauty, taste, flare, and style of my girl Elley. Her backyard creations, and her in-home decor, have made me smile and feel at home since the first day I entered "Planet Elley" almost a year ago. 

Elley is an amazing creature. Besides her infectious smile, classy look, and her vibrant textures and layers earned through a life of fully embracing every twist and turn of the roller coaster ride, she is an artist. Elley's imaginative jewelry creations and her knack for decorating our humble little home with her collection of treasures, makes our abode a healing, nurturing, peaceful place to "BE".


I have invited you to visit me during June and July. We will sit in the backyard above or in the kitchenette over a cup of coffee. I will repeat that invitation here and hope some of you that are nearby will hang out here. Don called yesterday and said he might fly down from Whidbey Island to spend a few days. Just the thought that he might be able to pull that off makes me feel good. I have wonderful memories of our trips together to San Diego back in the 90's when we took a couple of golf getaway weekends.

P.S.  Marvin told me that my Post yesterday was like a little kid bragging about his shiny new toy at an Elementary School "show and tell", while the other kids are whispering and making fun of the fact that what he has is not new, special, interesting or noteworthy.

I get that; but my reason for journal-ing is to reveal what is making me happy, sad, positive, negative, motivated, challenged, optimistic, pessimistic, laugh, cry, connected, etc. Some of it is going to seem uninteresting, superficial and/or boring, but hopefully, every now and again, you'll read a phrase or two that will make you smile. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment